Here’s what ACPA Facilitators are doing:
- I plan to request a pain awareness proclamation from both the State of Oklahoma and the City of Norman where I live. If I’m invited to the city council meeting again this year, I will speak and accept the proclamation from our Mayor.
- I will work with my local librarian to create an info graphic for Pioneer Library System social media to highlight materials from the collection on chronic pain.
- I wrote and attached an article that includes national and local resources for chronic pain.
- The Brand Senior Center in Moore, OK has a health fair in September. I plan to exhibit, share pain materials and talk to seniors about chronic pain.
- I may be teaching Talking with Your Doctor to Kathy Reardon’s support group in September if Step 2 falls in that month.
- I will share both ACPA & U.S. Pain Foundation pain awareness posts on my Facebook account.
- I will share pain brochures and resources at my movement meditation group.
- I requested the City of Oklahoma City light up Skydance Bridge on I-40 blue for pain awareness month. They approved it for September 18 https://app.okc.gov/Applications/SkydanceBridge